Raptors Board Meeting - June 14, 2015
Post date: Jun 16, 2015 12:52:32 AM
Running Raptors Board Meeting Minutes
June 14, 2015
Present: Rick Holtzman, Marina Zavala, Charles Bultman, Joel Ager, Teresa Buckner, Sue Campbell, Laura Driussi
- Now Teresa! New Bank Account!
- Checks can be made out to Running Raptors
- Donations are tax deductible
Summer Meets & Runs
- Junior Olympics is next weekend! Deadline is Wednesday
- Teresa to send out a note checking on who will participate
- Fire Trail Science Center
- Tilden Park Meadows (former BHS course)
- Kennedy Grove
USATF membership --> Marina and Charles
- New Raptors member -- Alec Bruggeman -- may not have membership
- Jovi Tseng also needs to submit his birth certificate to associate himself with Raptors
- Junior Olympics -- Competitors need USATF membership for Junior Olympics
- Competitors need to submit their birth certificate -- can do that for them or ask them to do it.
Summer Workouts --> Rick
- Brad doesn’t need to work out at MLK. BHS team will practice at their track
- Rick has sent an email to MLK students but only 4 kids have responded; need 5 per day
- Rick still considering whether to publicize to Raptors (could use Team Snap RSVP minimums)
Jump pit --> Rick
- MLK is fundraising for a repair to the track
- We need to raise some additional money for the pit because Raptors uses it too. What about a bake sale? @ Monterey Market?
Solano Stroll --> Marina/Laura
- Are we too late to sign up? Can we bake cupcakes and ask for donations?
- $110 standard rate. Deadline June 15th
- UPDATE: Laura mailed an application with $110 today. May not have made the deadline (5pm for today's postmark? Dropped into mailbox at 5:15.)
- Solano Stroll is September 14th 2015
- All board members and coaches should have business cards
- Can we order cards with photos?
- Add in the logo
- UPDATE: Annabel is really into graphic design right now, so she'll give this a try before we ask other parents.
- Decided on Sunday September 20, 11am; updated Team Snap
Next Board Meeting
- Need to meet before the Stroll, so maybe Sunday August 30?